Benefits of the Award
- brings international recognition of your organisation’s commitment to promoting diversity.
- clearly demonstrates your appreciation of all personnel and so helps to promote team building and strengthens relationships at all levels.
- entitles your organization to use the official Diversity Champion Award logo on your website, literature, emails, letterheads, promotional materials and signage – to promote your achievement.
- creates greater awareness of the importance of diversity across the organization amongst all staff and so encourages on-going learning.
- ensures that your organization will be promoted along with all other Diversity Champions on the Diversity Champions Website and in the new Diversity Champion Award Directory.
- Training programmes in diversity for staff
- An organisation Equality and/or Diversity policy
- Employee access to diversity resources (e.g. training materials, an on-line diversity calendar, ebooks or elearning)
- Community projects that offer opportunities for others outside of the organisation
Key features of the Diversity Champion Award
Convenient timescale. There is no closing date for applications. The Award can be applied for at any time of year, providing organisations with Award winning status for the next 12 months if they are accepted. Organisations can then re-apply 1 month before each of their 12 month periods elapse if they wish to continue being an Award winner for the following 12 months.A one tier approach. There is no need to progress through different levels of administration.Inclusive and comprehensive. The Award encompasses all aspects of diversity.Cost effective. There is one registration fee with concessions for smaller organizations and non profits. There is no requirement to purchase other services.
‘Fast track’ assessment of ALL applications. There is a two week timescale for the assessment of your application.
Independent. The Diversity Champion Award is a ‘not for profit’ initiative administered by Diversiton. All application assessments are independently verified
The Awards are divided into 4 specific categories, to ensure that each organisation is specifically recognised as a Diversity leader in their own sector. These categories (and examples) are:
– Corporate (Private, PLC, Business)
– Public (All levels of Government, Education, NHS, Housing, Policing, Local Authorities, etc.)
– Not-For-Profit / Community Organisations
– SME (Individual/Small businesses)
Remember, there is no fee payable for submitting an application to see if your organisation is eligible for the Diversity Champion Award. You will receive feedback and advice from our Independent Verifier. If your organisation is successful an administrative fee will apply.