Holy Days, Festivals and Rituals
Holy Days and Celebrations
- Naw-Rúz. The New Year, celebrated on the first day of spring (March 21st).
- Ayyám-i-Ha. 26 February – 1 March. Days in which followers should offer hospitality, gift-giving and kindness.
- Fasting. 2 – 21 March. Fasting is required from sunrise to sunset. This occurs during the last calendar month of the Bahá’í year.Ridván. 21 April – 2 May. It marks the time that the Bahá’u’lláh spent in the garden of Ridván, just before he announced that he was the prophet heralded by the Báb.
- Bahá’u’lláh’s public declaration of His mission. April 21, 29, and May 2.
- Báb’s declaration of His mission: 23 May.
- Ascension of Bahá’u’lláh. 3am, on the 29th May.
- Martyrdom of the Báb. 9 July.
- Birth of the Báb. 20 October.
- Birth of Bahá’u’lláh. 12 November.
- The day of the Covenant. 26 November
- The Passing of Abdu’l-Bahá. 28th November.